« Home | ...a little explaining » | Adventures in Afghanistan » | _tag You're It » | Professor S » | Work Schmerk » | Intro... »

A Couple Thoughts

Over the last 24 hours I have had two thoughts. Okay, more than two, but two worth mentioning.

1. The first of which I had while laying in bed last night. With this new blog craze that Josh and I have joined got me thinking. Why are weblogs so popular?
I think it goes back to our human need for contact. I know it sounds counter intuitive, but here me out. We (as humans) long for contact, acceptance, etc from other humans. It is one of our basic needs. Since we have become a very closed off society and technology driven, the blog has become an outlet for this. If I may be a little open and frank with you, I think it is more prevalent among men. It gives us a way to open up like we would like to, without feeling too vulnerable. So, opening up to the WORLD seems more acceptable than opening up to the people that are closest to us ... Interesting. Just something to think about.

2. People should be required to get an internet/computer license like a drivers license. Too many people use the internet, email, and technology without proper knowledge of it. I think that might be the reason viruses are spread so easily. People are not educated to know what is, or possibly is, a virus/hoax so they get click happy. Or the opposite: they are afraid to close anything thinking it will never come back. Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.
While I am talking about drivers licenses, they should make those tests harder. There are too many people out on the roads that should not be. They are oblivious to everything going on around them ... their blinker that is still on, the fact they are in the passing lane without passing, and stopping when there is a green arrow telling you to go, Go, GO!

If you would like to learn more about email, internet, computers, or driving, feel free to email me... if you can figure out how to do that. :)

I definetly agree with the second thought and if nothing else I understand what you are saying with the first.-r0cc0

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm supermn
  • From Colorado, United States
  • I am a Colorado native. For my entire life I have lived in this state. Born in Fort Collins, grew up in Colorado Springs, college in Fort Collins, and currently in Colorado Springs.
My profile
Powered by Blogger