« Home | Who should you date? Consider this... » | UPDATE: When someone tells you you look like someo... » | Hurricane Katrina » | When someone tells you you look like someone famou... » | Because I care... » | Riding on the Wheels of Change Part 2 » | Riding on the wheels of change » | An Insight to Men » | Of Kiefers and Stevens... » | On the lighter side »

The first snow means...

Here it is, the second week of October, and we are getting our first winter snow storm.  This is a pretty monumental event of the year and even more so when it is a significant storm.  Sometimes, the snow season starts with just a few flakes, but this year we are getting more than just a few.  In fact, this morning I had to brush a few inches off the top of my Jeep. Now that I think about it, I should have taken a picture … dang it!  Maybe there will be enough left when I get home from work to give you a good idea of what we got.  (Yes I am blogging at work; what else am I suppose to do?!)

The first snow means many things for those living in Colorado.  It means that there will be some native Texans that have never driven in snow causing several accidents, usually just with themselves, yet still cause trouble for the rest of us.  It also means the slopes are opening in just under a month.  

There are a few things that the first snow means specifically for me.  One of those, as for others as well, is that I have a whole new wardrobe!  Ok, it’s not NEW new, but with all the winter clothes I have, I haven’t been able to wear them for the other half of the year with the warm weather.  The other thing the first snow means for me, and the reason for this post, is no more shaving. Well, those that know me know that I never really shaved recently anyway, but I would keep my facial hair trimmed nicely.  About a month ago, I decided that the first time I was in Colorado Springs and there was a significant first snow, I would stop trimming my stubble in order for the full beard to come through.  

Here goes nothing!  

About me

  • I'm supermn
  • From Colorado, United States
  • I am a Colorado native. For my entire life I have lived in this state. Born in Fort Collins, grew up in Colorado Springs, college in Fort Collins, and currently in Colorado Springs.
My profile
Powered by Blogger