« Home | the Original Superman » | ... just keeps getting better » | I just couldn't wait » | Dr. Phil's personality test » | The first snow means... » | Who should you date? Consider this... » | UPDATE: When someone tells you you look like someo... » | Hurricane Katrina » | When someone tells you you look like someone famou... » | Because I care... »

I am not the only one... (no pun intended)

I'm not sure if I even mentioned this when I was posting about my trip to India, but there was one morning I woke up and looked like this:

I know what you are thinking: Wow, what a hottie!

I had first realized what happened in the middle of the night when I woke up with my eye in pain. I wasn't sure what was going on, and had just suspected I had something under my eyelid, like a fleck of dust or something small. However, when I woke my bunk mate Matt up to look at it for me, his reaction told me it was something worse. I was tired and hadn't slept much the previous nights, so I took a Benadryl and went back to bed. I tossed and turned a bit; I am sure you all know what its like trying to sleep when you are in pain. Needless to say, I woke up in the morning with a swollen eye. After racking our brains over ideas of what might have happened, and not coming up with a solid answer, I asked our contact. Based on her life in India, she quickly diagnosed it as multiple ant bites. I took some more Benadryl and put some cream on it throughout the day and it was back to a somewhat normal size by the end of the day. Sure enough, there were several small red bumps (not visible for obvious reasons when it was swollen), indicative of ant bites.

This didn't bother me too much, but certainly made that day more interesting for me (and many more for my team mates who still bring it up). However, after reading this story (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/india_ants_dc), I realize possibly how bad it could have been. So, apparently, eye-eating ants are big in India.

Ahhhhh! Where did you find that story?! And how can you say that having ants on your eyelid, eating your flesh in the middle of the night while you dream of your bed back in the United States "didn't bother you that much"? It gives me the heeby-geebys! :)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm supermn
  • From Colorado, United States
  • I am a Colorado native. For my entire life I have lived in this state. Born in Fort Collins, grew up in Colorado Springs, college in Fort Collins, and currently in Colorado Springs.
My profile
Powered by Blogger