« Home | God is Good » | More Professor S » | A Couple Thoughts » | ...a little explaining » | Adventures in Afghanistan » | _tag You're It » | Professor S » | Work Schmerk » | Intro... »

Like, the best day EVER!

Well, after the good news I received this morning about teaching at the college, the blessings keep flowing. Jesse and I left the RRC to head back to his house when I get a phone call. This phone call is from Ebru in California. She and I have been in contact the last couple weeks about a couple jobs at Hewlett Packard (HP) here in the SPGS. She has been really helpful and working hard for me which has been great. She called and told me that I got one of the positions! I HAVE A JOB! Yippee. I really can't remember the last time I was this happy.

The job will be doing product support for HP. Basically, from what I understand, I will be on the phone with people who can't get their printer to print, the mouse to move, or their laptop to turn on, stuff like that. They said I could start as early as Monday; that would be awesome. I filled out and faxed a lot of the paperwork already tonight. They (Ebru) FedExed my a package to do the drug test; I should have that by tomorrow morning. Then hopefully I will start Monday. The plan is to go through about 4 weeks of training. The training will got from 9-5 M-F; after that I will get moved to "my shift." How I understand it at the moment is that it will be a night shift, mainly on the weekends. I should have the option of working 4 10-hour shifts, or 5 8-hour shifts; the 4 10s sound more appealing. If I were to guess the hours, it would be 12 -10 AM Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon. Most people wouldn't like the graveyard shift, but as a single, healthy, strong guy, I think I can put in my dues. Maybe something will change by the time I actually am done with training; after all, look what happened with my teaching stuff.

Thank you all for your prayers and support while I have not been working, it means a lot. I am looking forward to this fall: new job, teaching college, and mentoring high school kids. I don't know how else it could get better, but God does!

Thanks again!

Ciao

Congrats!! That's very exciting! Keep giving God the glory. It's good to hear positiveness and blessing on others. Luvs
Christa

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm supermn
  • From Colorado, United States
  • I am a Colorado native. For my entire life I have lived in this state. Born in Fort Collins, grew up in Colorado Springs, college in Fort Collins, and currently in Colorado Springs.
My profile
Powered by Blogger