« Home | God spoke to me through Jeremy » | Why do you Google?! » | One of "Those" People » | Federal Court to Hear Schiavo Case Today (washingt... » | A Call to Comment » | Site of the Week (3/11/05) » | B-E-A-Utiful » | Velcro Shoes and Striped Socks » | Pat, I'd like to buy a name » | Site of the Week (3/4/05) »

An Observation on Dating

Dating never ends.

I have come to the conclusion that I will never stop dating. Even after I have a girlfriend, I will date. Even after I am married I will date. You may be saying Well, of course... you will date your wife. No. I am not talking about dating my girlfriend or my wife. I will date other people; other couples to be specific.

I was just spending time with some couples the other day and came to this conclusion. I was hanging out with two married couples, a couple that is engaged, and a couple that is just dating. As I watched their interaction, I realized it doesn't stop. When you are single, you spend time "interviewing" someone, finding out their interests and comparing them to your own to see if you are compatible. When you find someone with whom you are compatible with, you continue to hang out with them until you eventually get married. Whew! you say; I'm glad I am done with that whole "dating" scene. Oh how wrong you are. When you are part of a couple, now you have to find other couples to do things with. So, you, as a couple, meet other couples and you spend time "interviewing" them to find out their interests. Oh, you like scrap-booking? So does my wife! And My husband is really into mountain biking too! and then you "date" this other couple because you are compatible with them.

So, to those of you who think marriage is a way to be done with dating... too bad! Dating is forever.

I totally agree with you. These courtships never stop. Just wait till you move away from Colorado. Then it will get really maddening. By the way did I tell you we're moving to St. Louis!
Christa

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm supermn
  • From Colorado, United States
  • I am a Colorado native. For my entire life I have lived in this state. Born in Fort Collins, grew up in Colorado Springs, college in Fort Collins, and currently in Colorado Springs.
My profile
Powered by Blogger