« Home | One of "Those" People » | Federal Court to Hear Schiavo Case Today (washingt... » | A Call to Comment » | Site of the Week (3/11/05) » | B-E-A-Utiful » | Velcro Shoes and Striped Socks » | Pat, I'd like to buy a name » | Site of the Week (3/4/05) » | Site of the Week (2/25/05) » | Pizza analogy... »

Why do you Google?!

Some people ask me why I Google; in light of that question let me provide you some reasons:
  1. Exhibit A: www.google.com. Do you see how clean it is? How there are not a bunch of obtrusive links to useless stuff? When I want to search, I want to search. Google style.
  2. Exhibit B: www.gmail.com. After conquering the world of search engines years ago, Google has now challenged popular email services like hotmail and yahoo. One year ago today, Google released GMail. I was excited at first because it was Google. Much link their searching, Gmail was simple and not over done. Plus they were the first to hand out 1 GB in email storage.
  3. Exhibit B ii: www.gmail.com. Just today, one year after releasing Gmail, google has upped the ante with 2 GB of email storage! Not only that, but the thing that put me over the edge today was how they have now integrated Rich Text formatting of emails. Now I can bold, underline, blue, green, bullet, and intent the heck out of my emails.
    NOTE: Gmail is currently/still in the beta stage; however, they have been generous with handing out invitations. I have enough to satisfy anyone who would like to have one, just let me know.
  4. Exhibit C: www.google.com/googlegulp. They are funny. Not only had Google revolutionized the search (and web) world, but they still know how to have fun. If you check out the FAQs, they even know how to make fun of themselves.
  5. Exhibit D: www.blogger.com. You are reading it.
  6. Exhibit E: www.picasa.com. Find, edit and share photos. Now with integration with Gmail and Blogger.
I could go on and on. FYI, no one has actually asked me why I Google.

About me

  • I'm supermn
  • From Colorado, United States
  • I am a Colorado native. For my entire life I have lived in this state. Born in Fort Collins, grew up in Colorado Springs, college in Fort Collins, and currently in Colorado Springs.
My profile
Powered by Blogger