« Home | Pat, I'd like to buy a name » | Site of the Week (3/4/05) » | Site of the Week (2/25/05) » | Pizza analogy... » | Surprised? » | When did "text" become a verb? » | A Memorable One » | Reflection of a 24 year old » | Still no news » | One or the other »

Velcro Shoes and Striped Socks


Long ago I vowed to myself (and possibly to some of you) that I would never again buy, let alone wear velcro shoes or striped socks. Well my friends not only have I bought and worn both but I have worn both together!

OK, so the ones in the phone aren't exactly what I am wearing. Here is a better picture of what I got. Now, just for more reference, I did get these at ROSS, so I am not paying anything close to full price and it has been probably over a year since I got a new pair for shoes. We are getting off topic though.

Really the point of this post was to talk about fashion and how we subconsciously allow other people to tell us what is cool. For instance, many of you have no doubt noticed the young teenie-boppers wearing their belts off to the side. I mean, really, who woke up and thought that would look good?! Some one who once thought something looked good and was right, now has all the power. They are believed that things look good just because they were right one or two times. I am certainly guilty of this (see the 3 pink shirts in my closet). Some of it makes sense to me, and some of it doesn't. I should just go consult my fashion coordinator Jesse.

About me

  • I'm supermn
  • From Colorado, United States
  • I am a Colorado native. For my entire life I have lived in this state. Born in Fort Collins, grew up in Colorado Springs, college in Fort Collins, and currently in Colorado Springs.
My profile
Powered by Blogger