« Home | What a Week » | Day One » | Like, the best day EVER! » | God is Good » | More Professor S » | A Couple Thoughts » | ...a little explaining » | Adventures in Afghanistan » | _tag You're It » | Professor S »

This isn't Afghanistan

Well, here I am at the end of the second week of my two jobs.

Working for Microsoft at the Help Desk has been great so far. I have been making some great friends and getting a real feel for how to do a lot of the things I will be troubleshooting. It doesn't seem too difficult, but also can provide the opportunity for me to move in different directions horizontally and hopefully vertically too. It's nice to have a foot in the door; once again, thanks for all the prayers.

Being a teacher is a blast! It feels really natural, and I am loving it. However, I have been putting more work in this one class that I am teaching then I ever remember putting into the classes I was in at CSU. I never realized how much work the teachers have to do for the class. There is preparation ahead of time for the class, grading homework, putting together quizzes and tests, and building labs to be done! Not only do I have to grade the homework, but I have to do it too to make sure it is right... sheesh. Even though it is more work than being in class, I am enjoying it more. I can let you know how I feel towards the end of the semester cause it might all change by then. If I still like it, I will do it again next semester (if they have me back), and maybe do two classes. Who knows where this will lead, but I am excited whatever the future holds.

With all this going on I rarely have free time, but manage to get all the house and yard work done on weekends. I have been waiting to have this feeling for a while. Being out of college, I never really felt I was in the next stage of life, but with all this happening to and around me, I am there. And it's nothing like Afghanistan.

Ciao,
Ryan

About me

  • I'm supermn
  • From Colorado, United States
  • I am a Colorado native. For my entire life I have lived in this state. Born in Fort Collins, grew up in Colorado Springs, college in Fort Collins, and currently in Colorado Springs.
My profile
Powered by Blogger