« Home | Still no news » | One or the other » | Where does the time go?! » | Having a "Seattle" day » | A Prediction - The Spaces Out There » | FRAT boy » | End of the Internet » | This isn't Afghanistan » | What a Week » | Day One »

Reflection of a 24 year old

This past weekend, despite my best efforts, I turned 24. As I did I was able to look back over the past year, and the previous years before that to see what had changed.

A year ago, I was 6 months past college graduation and still uncertain what I was doing (or even wanted to do) with my life. I was working as a server at a restaurant in Colorado Springs, and I guess I didn't really know what lay ahead. Now, a year later, it is amazing to me all that did change. I am no longer working in the restaurant, and certainly don't want to go back. I have gotten a 8-5 job (the first time I have ever had one), started teaching college, and been leading a small group at my church. If you asked me 12 months ago if any of those were possible, I would have said no, and doubted that they would happen. But it makes me think of the different jobs and positions I have had since I was 16 and able to "work."

I have been a teacher, a preacher, and a student. I washed cars, and I have driven cars; served food in Colorado Springs and Loveland at three different restaurants. I have cooked food and made pizzas and delivered said pizzas in Fort Collins and Colorado Springs. I have built computers, fixed computers, and designed networks. I have also designed graphics, flyers, and websites, and have spent time coding websites as well. I have spent money, and helped people save money; sold life insurance and mortgages. I have also done manual labor: mowing lawns, building houses and fences, and laying sprinklers. With all that behind me, it is hard to think there is much else to do. I guess only another year will tell. Until then (I promise to post other stuff between now and then), Ciao

About me

  • I'm supermn
  • From Colorado, United States
  • I am a Colorado native. For my entire life I have lived in this state. Born in Fort Collins, grew up in Colorado Springs, college in Fort Collins, and currently in Colorado Springs.
My profile
Powered by Blogger