« Home | Reflection of a 24 year old » | Still no news » | One or the other » | Where does the time go?! » | Having a "Seattle" day » | A Prediction - The Spaces Out There » | FRAT boy » | End of the Internet » | This isn't Afghanistan » | What a Week »

A Memorable One

From the past 5 years, the birthdays that I remember well were my 21st (not for THAT reason; quite the opposite, but I remember it because my are was broken, and I had surgery), 23rd and 24th. The 19th and 22nd seem to slip by pretty well, without me knowing it. I may soon forget the 23rd because it was special, I just may have remembered it because it was only a year ago. However, I feel as though I will remember the 24th for quite some time.

My birthday started with sleeping in, an important part of any successful birthday. I then went to the Air Force game, and afterwards I had a couple friends come over. We just spent our time hanging out, listening to music, and playing games. It was snowing as well, and I love the snow. However, because of the snow, it was making the roads icy, so many friends were unable to come over to my house to hang out. After the party ended, I had a couple friends stay late to just get some quality time with them: my best friend Jesse, FRAT co-leader Josh, and good friend Doug. Jesse is in love with Josh's 4Runner, so we took that out for a spin on the icy roads. As we were driving back to the house, there were a couple vehicles stuck on a hill spinning out. (I would like to take a second to point out that they were a Ford SUV and a Dodge truck that were stuck.) The four of us parked the 4Runner, piled out and went to assist the people in peril. We were quickly able to get the truck pushed up the rest of the hill, and as we were getting the SUV going, we saw a car coming over the crest of the hill going rather fast, especially for the conditions of the road. We all looked at each other and knew that it would not be able to stop or slow down before the road curved. Sure enough we just watched it skid into the curb and spin around. We sent the SUV on its way and raced down to access the situation of the accident. As we approached, a young lady got out of the car and was visibly shaken. We asked if she was ok, and she said she was fine, so we looked at the car. It had a cracked bumper and that was all that we could tell. The young lady then asked us to drive her car. We made a plan that I would drive it to the bottom of the hill and park it by the Pizza Hut, and the guys would meet me there. As I drove the car down, I asked if she lived in the area, and she proceeded to tell me that she doesn't speak English. I said ok and continued to drive her down; she then got on the phone and called her brother and told him the story (I assume she did, I couldn't understand because it was in Spanish). We checked out the car at the bottom of the hill and noticed that the axel seems to have been bent; she hit the curb really fast, so I can't way I was surprised. We waited with her until her brother was able to make it out. We had a great time, all five of us sitting in the 4Runner trying to keep warm and speak each others language. We learned that she has only been in the United States 3 months, and comes from the northern part of Mexico. It is close to Arizona, and therefore doesn't snow; Daniella had never driven on snow before. She is 26, has finished University in Mexico and came to America to learn English. She is currently working at a restaurant in that neighborhood. She wished me Feliz Cumpleanous after the boys told her it was my birthday. All in all it was a good experience; besides the accident. Her brother made it safely in his Nissan Pathfinder and we all went our separate ways. On the way home we helped a couple more people (driving trucks), who were stuck. So, if you want to take notes to make my birthday memorable, that is all it takes a birthday to remember.

About me

  • I'm supermn
  • From Colorado, United States
  • I am a Colorado native. For my entire life I have lived in this state. Born in Fort Collins, grew up in Colorado Springs, college in Fort Collins, and currently in Colorado Springs.
My profile
Powered by Blogger