« Home | A Prediction - The Spaces Out There » | FRAT boy » | End of the Internet » | This isn't Afghanistan » | What a Week » | Day One » | Like, the best day EVER! » | God is Good » | More Professor S » | A Couple Thoughts »

Having a "Seattle" day

Working for Microsoft as a support technician, I get phone calls all day, that's what I do. Since Microsoft is based out of Redmond, WA, I get a lot of calls from employees out there needing help. Today our weather was very similar to that of the Northwest: wet, cold, and dreary. Whenever the weather is like this in Colorado, I get in a mood. I have not decided or determined if the mood I get in is good or bad; it is just a mood. This mood can be best described as pensive. I think about life, my life, my friends, my past, my future, etc. For some reason as well, there is a peace that comes with the weather. There is a peace that everything will work out for the best, and life is going to be ok. Just how you feel when you listen to some good Frank Sinatra. No matter what's going on, it pales in comparison to the future and what lies ahead. Que sera sera.

As for other things, I spent the weekend in Boulder visiting my best friend Jesse. He is going to school up there at the University of Colorado, wanting to be an accountant. This semester he is taking a foreign language that he needs to graduate. Instead of choosing an easy one like Spanish, Jesse decided to take Arabic. While it would be incredibly difficult, it certainly could be incredibly useful. I heard this morning on the radio that there are thousands and thousands of hours of tapes in Arabic from Iraq that have not been listened to. The FBI might be recruiting Jesse after just one semester! Ok, maybe not, but it could make him a hot commodity when he graduates... if he ever graduates (I love you Jesse).

Sunday I met up with my friends Tyler and Jenny. These are friends that I made 5 years ago as a freshman in college. Tyler was my roommate, and Jenny lived across the hall from us. We all met the first week of college, but all hit it off. I know of few people that could stand their roommate freshman year (even if they were friends at the start), and even fewer that enjoyed their roommate. Tyler and I had a lot in common and were able to balance each other out in several ways. So, five years later we are still friends and scheduling time to meet with each other and see how each others lives are going. Jenny was an integral part of that as well. The three of us spent many nights up late, eating pizza, and talking about life.

Life is good.
Ciao

About me

  • I'm supermn
  • From Colorado, United States
  • I am a Colorado native. For my entire life I have lived in this state. Born in Fort Collins, grew up in Colorado Springs, college in Fort Collins, and currently in Colorado Springs.
My profile
Powered by Blogger