« Home | Having a "Seattle" day » | A Prediction - The Spaces Out There » | FRAT boy » | End of the Internet » | This isn't Afghanistan » | What a Week » | Day One » | Like, the best day EVER! » | God is Good » | More Professor S »

Where does the time go?!

I don't know what this would imply or signal in my life, but I forgot a complete hour yesterday. Maybe I am getting older, maybe I am getting senile, maybe I am ... I don't know.

When I got off work yesterday at 5:30, I thought about how the day went. As I reflected on the day, I could not recall what I did for my lunch break. I had no recollection of the courtyard; that is where I eat if I bring a lunch, but I knew I didn't bring a lunch, so I would have gone to the cafeteria to eat. I had no recollection of going into the cafeteria though. I wasn't even planning on eating lunch because I had breakfast, and I was meeting a friend at Chipotle for dinner. (You have to have a plan for lunch if you are doing Chipotle for dinner.) However, even if I don't eat I go outside, or walking around or socializing or something for my lunch break. I had no recollection of doing any of that. I even have little reminders pop up on my screen that tell me when to take breaks and lunch. I remember seeing my reminder for lunch, but I don't remember lunch. It bothered me all night.

When I came into work this morning I talked to my manager about it. Wondering if he remembered anything, but nope, he didn't. However, we were able to look up on his computer, when I logged onto the phones and when I logged off and how long I was logged in. Turns out I logged in at 830 and off at 530 and was on for a total of 9 hours! Much to my surprise, I worked straight through lunch. Typically I would be aware that I was doing it at the time, but I maybe a little more absentminded than I used to be.

On a little side note, I understand the phrase "Absent minded professor" now. I seem to be so disorganized now that I have started teaching at the college here. I have papers all over the place, things that need graded, juices and foods in my bag and on my desk and just a complete mess.

Ciao.

About me

  • I'm supermn
  • From Colorado, United States
  • I am a Colorado native. For my entire life I have lived in this state. Born in Fort Collins, grew up in Colorado Springs, college in Fort Collins, and currently in Colorado Springs.
My profile
Powered by Blogger